Bible-Discovery for Android is a feature rich off-line Bible Study Tool, was designed for those who are not satisfied with the skimming of the Bible and they need more. Who would like to understand the Bible verses and their original messages.
The genuine treasures in the Bible are unavailable on the surface, you should dig deep to bring them up.
The Android Bible program is freeware. And you can purchase an enlarged version that is suitable for studying the Bible.
The Android Bible program does the following:
- The text can be scrolled automatically. Scrolling can be speeded up and slowed down. It needs a double click to start scrolling.
- Local menu is presented by a long-click: with its help among others the clicked word or the Strong-number can be searched for or the dictionary can be scrolled.
- After the activation of the bubble-prompt, the word's dictionary-meaning and its original shades of meaning can be looked up.
- The Bible translations can be changed.
- Books, chapters and verses can be selected very easily.
- It can be easy to scroll to the next chapter.
- Display of Strong-numbers can be switched.
- Cross-references, morphology and transliteration of Greek and Hebrew words can be displayed.
- It can be navigated through the search results not only in the search panel but also in the Bible panel.
- Simple and compound expressions can also be searched for by using even brackets or wildcards. It possesses just as highly developed searching possibilities as the PC Bible-Discovery program does.
- Dictionary is not only suitable for scrolling but also for searching.
- Type-size can be enlarged or reduced.
- Holding the most of the push-buttons pressed long, the function of the button is written textually. Some of the push-buttons also have long-click function.
More than 90 Bible translations (KJV, Spanish Reina-Valera Biblia, magyar Károli Biblia), 11 dictionaries and 2 cross reference plug-ins can be installed for the Bible-Discovery software.
English Bible translations: "ACV: A Conservative Version", "ASV: American Standard Version", "BBE: Bible in Basic English", "BWE: Bible in Worldwide English", "Darby: Darby Bible", "Etheridge: The Peschito Syriac New Testament", "Geneva1599: Geneva Bible", "Godbey: 1902 William Baxter Godbey NT", "HNV: Hebrew Names Version of the World English Bible", "JPS: Jewish Publication Society Old Testament", "KJV: King James Version with Strongs Numbers and Morphology", "Montgomery: Montgomery New Testament", "RKJNT: Revised King James New Testament", "RNKJV: Restored Name King James Version", "Rotherham: The Emphasized Bible by J. B. Rotherham", "RWebster: Revised Webster Version", "Tyndale: William Tyndale Bible", "Twenty: Twentieth Century New Testament", "UKJV: Updated King James Version", "WEB: World English Bible", "Webster: Webster Bible", "Weymouth: Weymouth NT", "Worsley: 1770 John Worsley NT", "YLT: Young's Literal Translation"
Other languages: Arabic, Chamorro, Cherokee, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Esperanto, Spanish, Estonian, Basque, Finnish, French, Gothic, Hebrew, Croatian, Haitian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Latin, Malagasy, Burmese, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Scots, Albanian, Syriac, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog (Filipino), Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Xhosa, Chinese
Hungarian name of the program is "Biblia-Felfedező"
User interface languages: English, German, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish